SOUTH JERSEY CHAPTER
Seminar and Networking
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
AN ANALYSIS OF THE WIP
In January, the Chapter will present an analysis of the WIP schedule from the perspective of the accountant, the surety and a fraud examiner. This is being presented by Jim McGettigan, CPA, CCIFP, Director Construction Industry Services for CBIZ MHM, LLC & Shareholder of Mayer Hoffman McCann, P.C., Mark DeVito, Account Executive Construction Services, Travelers Bond & Specialty Insurance and Tim Hartzell,CFE, CCIFP, Fasano Acchione & Associates, LLC.This session will provide an overview of the unique aspects of a contractor’s WIP schedule followed by a deeper dive into the WIP and followed up with a discussion of what can go wrong with the WIP when a contractor crosses the line. The presentation will be segregated into the following areas:
- Brief introduction to construction accounting and specifically the WIP schedule
- A discussion of how a contractor’s internal controls factor into the WIP schedule
- Who are the users of the WIP and why is it important to them
- Analysis of the WIP and what do the trends mean to the accountant? To the surety?
- A discussion of fraud hidden within the WIP along with case studies
There will also be time at the end of this presentation for a Q&A session with the presenters.
This event will provide 2.0 CPE credits in the field of specialized knowledge and applications for CPA's licensed in NJ and PA. This is a group - live course at the basic level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
DATE: WEDNESDAY -- January 6, 2016
TIME: REGISTRATION 3:30 PM
SEMINAR 4:00 – 6:00 PM
DINNER AND NETWORKING 6:00 – 7:30 PM
PLACE: Adelphia’s – Deptford, NJ
CONSTRUCTION FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
The Source and Resource for Construction Professionals